sexta-feira, 27 de maio de 2011

Quinta das Lagrimas



Last year I received a small present. A friend of mine bought me a book related to Portugal's history, a fiction about Ines de Castro and Dom Pedro's love story. I didn't read it at the time, as in my mind anything related to Portugal was supposed to bring back painful memories. How crazy. It was my unfinished story with a place, with some people. That end of 2009 really broke my heart.

This year, out of the blue, I started reading the book, this book writen by a Romanian writer. I knew the story so it didn't surprise me that much. But I have to admit that this love story, even though I consider it a little bit paranoid and strange, shows in a way the power of love - being it constructive or destructive. Love, one of the most powerful feelings on Earth, that can sometimes take you to extremes.



And life...as she knows well....took me to this place. I was not in a mood to think about the story that much then, I was immersed in my own worries and had one of the most superficial holidays of my life, but I liked the place. I am a romantic and will always be, even though I can hide it perfectly if I want to or even ignore my feelings, as I manage to do it so well so many times.






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário