domingo, 29 de maio de 2011

Cascais - sailing day


Sailing was the only thing that I managed to plan in advance before going to Portugal. Thank you, Walter, for the wonderful day.




This was the second time that I was going sailing in my life. Nice waves, almost fell from the boat :) due to the waves. What a wonderful life. I got used to little presents like this, but of course, I am longing for big ones, also.

I am starting to really behave like a gipsy. I once read an interview with the famous Romanian-gipsy musician Damian Draghici http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damian_Drăghici and he was telling how he got back from the States and tried to get used to gipsy life in a real gipsy family. The only thing that I remember was going something like this - "nothing happens for a loooong period of time, everybody is waiting, everybody is relaxed, nothing happens, then all of a sudden, out of the blue, the grandmother has a panic attack, the baby falls on the floor, the dog runs away, the stove is set on fire and everybody goes crazy". I could imagine what a chaos that could be in a family, but it is normal in a gipsy family, I guess. Never lived in one and only got to know the "romantic" stories. Anyhow, this is how I felt those days in Coimbra and then going back to Cascais just to be in time for sailing. Everything was crazy, crazy, crazy. For months in Romania nothing happened, I was bored to death, I couldn't escape from the awful winter, lack of Sun, and all of a sudden everything happened-exhibition, Lisbon, Coimbra, sailing...everything. And sorry, I have to admit it. I loved it!!



I got completely burned from the hot Sun, that found an ally in the wind and the water. I got drunk with sangria afterwards and on my way back said goodbye to Cascais seeing in the train "31ºC outside" and that was at 9pm.

I went back to Lisbon, only to meet other dear friends and to say goodbye to the city, this time promising a sooner return.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário