segunda-feira, 30 de agosto de 2010

Lisbon by night

Rua Augusta



Carcavelos

Chiado

TAP

I was that crazy about going back to Lisbon, so crazy about Portugal and anything that was Portuguese....that I even chose a route just to fly with TAP. Please don´t laugh, but I wanted to hear Portuguese again....in the airplane. I wanted to see smily faces and nice people. So, when I went to Lisbon, I stopped for a few hours in Munich - nice airport - free Internet, free hot chocolate, cappuccino, coffee, coffee with milk, tea etc etc etc. I loved it. I even forgave TAP for being one hour late - hey, it was normal :-) That day of mine was purple as a lavender. This flower has started to haunt me and I love it. The conquest of the day in the airport was a delicious Lindt chocolate with blueberries and lavender...hmmmm....useless to say how beautiful it was.

When I got back to Romania, I had to fly to Budapest - even now I cannot understand why TAP flies to Budapest and not to Bucharest!! please explain! I am sure they would make more money if they were to come directly to Romania. Anyhow....I had a BIG, lovely surprise. I have a friend who works for TAP. He asked me to give him my flight number and hour....before leaving...
I was all alone in the airplane, I was a little bit upset as I didn't find a window seat and I was sitting in the last row. I even started to cry, but kept talking to myself, hey Monica, everything is ok...everything is ok. Then a flight attendant comes to my seat and she says in Portuguese - "are you Monica?", "Yes", "you have to go to the front of the airplane and get to speak with the captain". :-)) oh yes!! I met the captain, I was there for take off and also for landing, I didn't have a window seat, but a WHOLE panoramic view. Even though my Godfather was a pilot and I remember sitting next to pilots when I was young, I didn´t realize how was it. I was invaded by a cocktail of emotions. Good ones for the beauty of flying, for seeing the sky, for getting nice, simple explanations...the bad ones I tried to ignore. I told myself then, that if I were a man, I would have definitely work as a pilot. Even now I am thinking about this. It was magic. What can I say? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I LOVED IT! I felt so pampered. All those men wanted to offer me the best information, the best drinks and food, I even received a pack of TAP cards....I saw Budapest from above and asked if I could go back to Lisbon for free as I didn´t like the grey sky. I was missing Lisbon already. I wanted to go back. The pilots told me that they would never exchange Portugal for anything else. Neither would I. My dear Portual, I love you much and I miss you. Beijos grandes! I will be back soon. Love







Thank you to all those who met me, helped me, walked with me, took me to beautiful places, made me laugh, forget and smile and enjoy my stay in Lisbon. Thank you to all the ones who were far away but were thinking about me. :-)) I love you all! May life always offer you love and beautiful encounters.

1 comentário:

  1. obrigada por te lembrares de mim
    fico feliz pela tua felicidade
    sabes que me ficaste no coração
    um beijinho de muito carinho

    ResponderEliminar