domingo, 8 de agosto de 2010

Day two and three


Bliss, pure bliss. I was in the right place, my heart was slowly singing. Tejo was covered in a delicate mist and I kept on reading Osho's "Happiness". It was a Sunday morning and I could hear the bells of the church and all the birds singing their morning concerts. I was with them, there, that very moment. That was a state of mind I only got to learn in Portugal. I started to question the sanity of my wish for freedom too many times but that moment I knew that that was right for me. I was taking what I was receiving with both hands and a full heart, I turned into that "yes woman" and I LOVED IT!!!



One of my colleagues received me with flowers, red ones for luck. I was surprised and happy. I kept them for two weeks as they refused to die.



Of course I continued doing my Lisbon morning/night ritual telling her from my sunny balcony that I loved her and that she was beautiful.

I was a tourist in a familiar place. It felt strange but as weird as it may seem, I did not feel any sorrows as I thought I would. I just felt joy, pure joy. I took the morning train to Cascais and had my first genuine "bica" and then started my tanning sessions looking at the people, imagining their lives, eating ice-cream and reading all the books I put in my luggage.

I could not refuse myself a nice dish of "lulas grelhadas", as they are my favorites. I went to "my restaurant", a small one, just opposite Rua da Saudade, where Mircea Eliade once lived while he was unhappy in Cascais, and I began listening to the Portuguese conversations of the men who were sitting next to me. Three men, one in his 50s and two others, foreigners, in their 30s. The 50s guy looked like a famous, handsome actor (sorry, I don´t recall his name), he was pretty charming. They seemed to be poor, but I loved their genuine talks, full of worries and hopes, advice and wishes. It felt so comfortable.

My Sunday was Guincho day. For the 2 weeks I stayed there I wished to go surf. I even got to talk to some guys who were doing "surf classes" but I gave up when I realized that my eyes were badly suffering from the crazy wind, that I had to put eyedrops all the time and that my budget was diminishing drastically. I went to Guincho though - some friends took me there. Thank you!






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário