quinta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2010

Adraga


Ayayay Adraga, as my dear Rita said, after I posted pictures on Facebook - she, ironically spending time in Bucharest, and me, being in Cascais. Adraga was a nice surprise received from a friend of mine-thank you!! I knew the beach, but was so happy to go back again. It was a beautiful late afternoon and I desperately wanted to get to swim as I felt the water of the Ocean and realized that it was warm enough to make me enjoy the swim. The only problem was that it was very agitated, there were huge waves and the life guards kept screaming at people-get out of the water, get back to the beach.





I am fascinated with water, I have always been. I feel that strong connection with it every time I am close to the Ocean. So you can imagine I had to get in. I said to myself-I am not afraid of waves (which is completely true) and I can get in. The only problem was that I didn´t realize that the waves would be that big and that I cannot just stand and wait for the wave to come and I should better swim underneath the water. The wave arrived, it grabbed me and took me with him. I panicked so badly, I was underneath the water and I thought for a moment that I would never get back and that I would die there. It was crazy, it was not that dramatic, but I felt that I lost control. I managed to get out and from that moment all I felt for the Ocean was respect - for its power and beauty - it was my lesson that I had to learn. I felt sorry that I didn´t have the courage anymore to get in. At least it was sooooo warm and beautiful. I loved my tanning day. I love you, my dear, beautiful Ocean.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário